How to Use the Automatic Punch Tool
- Position the tip of the punch tool on the plate vertically and press downward. You should feel very light resistance (pin spring) followed by heavier resistance (hammer spring).
- Continue pushing down until the tool clicks (fires) and makes a mark on the plate.
- Release any downward pressure and repeat until finished.
In some cases the tool may need to be slightly adjusted to improve performance.
- Rotate the tool in your hand about 60 degrees and test a few different rotation positions while pressing down.
- Press down on the plate with the tip at a very slight angle. You should feel heavy resistance if the pin is pushing the hammer properly.
ISSUE: As I press down I do not feel heavier resistance. It fails to catch properly and does not fire.
SOLUTION: Adjust the internal pin spring
- Unscrew the front of the punch tool. Remove only the internal pin + spring.
- Examine the rear end of the spring. The smaller end of the pin should be very close or touching the spring. Most issues occur when the pin is too centered.
- Remove the spring from the pin. Notice the spring has smaller coils at the front of the spring.
- Bend the smaller coils away from the larger coils to create more of an angle.
- Reinsert the pin into the spring. Verify the end of the pin is either touching or close to the spring (and not centered).
- Reassemble the tool and test. If it does not fire move to the next solution.
ISSUE: I feel heavy resistance and press down hard but the tool does not fire.
SOLUTION: Add oil to the hammer cylinder
- Unscrew the rear end cap of the tool.
- Remove the spring and the hammer cylinder.
- Wipe any debris from side of the hammer with the hole. Add some oil or lubricant (even olive oil) to the surface.
- Reassemble the tool and test.
ISSUE: I tried both of these solutions but they did not work for me.
Contact us at email@example.com and we will make it right.